These are a perfect example how we can make healthy food as INDULGENT and DELICIOUS as your regular sugar based desserts (I personally think healthy options taste better!?).
Plus this option is so much easier to make:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (3-4 eggs)
- 1/2 cup milk (your preference of milk, I use almond)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract/powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup maple syrup/stevia
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. LSA mix ( linseed, sunflower and almond meal)
- Preheat oven on bake (150 degrees/ 350° F).
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheese, egg whites, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, LSA mix + few pieces walnuts (using the rest later).
- Pour mixture into muffin tins (with a ladle) and sprinkle the walnuts on top.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes. Test if cooked by sticking a toothpick into centre. They are done when the toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with 1 Tbsp. natural Greek yoghurt/coconut cream + a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of extra maple syrup.
Quick note: If the tarts are coming out a bit crumbly and not solid enough, bulk the mixture up with almond meal or flaxseed meal. I wanted to use as little ingredients as possible for the purpose of simplicity but if you have access to other ingredients- throw them in
Protein rich! Calcium! Blood sugar lover!