These chocolate chip cookies are absolutely perfect for lunch-boxes and afternoon snacks! Made with gluten-free wholegrain oats with a touch of sweetness from maple syrup and mashed banana, crunchy on the outside and chewy in the centre… These are sure to be your new favourite, school-friendly, sweet treat for the kiddies (and adults too!!).
Nut-Free Kiddies Cookies
Makes: 10-12 cookies
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup/stevia
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate pieces, chopped (I used dark sea salt chocolate, but raw or milk chocolate would also work well!)
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- In a food processor, add 1 cup of oats and process until it becomes a fine flour.
- In a large bowl, combine oat flour, 3/4 cup whole oats, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk coconut oil and egg together until light and bubbly (4-5 minutes). Add mashed banana and maple syrup and continue to whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Stir through the chocolate pieces.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto a lined baking tray until you have 10-12 cookies.
- Place in oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden and cooked.
Store in an air-tight contained for up to 3 days.