Spice up your mealtimes with this simple one pan creation. We’ve made our own Cajun spice mix but you can purchase a pre-made version from your local supermarket.
One Pan Cajun Chicken & Roasted Veg
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped into 2cm chunks (skin on)
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced on the round
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small organic chicken breast fillets
- 1 zucchini, sliced on the round
For the spice mix
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- 2 large handfuls spinach or rocket leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- To make the spice mix, add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and stir until they’re combined.
- Place the sweet potato, cauliflower and Spanish onion on the baking tray, leaving room in the centre for the chicken. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle 2 tsp of the spice mix over the top. Place the tray in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the chicken, place the fillets in a shallow bowl and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Spoon over 2 tbsp of the spice mix and toss to coat evenly.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and add the chicken and zucchini to the tray. Place the tray back in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt and fresh spinach or rocket.
Transfer the remaining spice mix to a jar.
Keep stored in the cupboard and use to add flavour to your veggies and/or proteins.
For a plant-based version, swap the chicken for: ½ cup lentils, chickpeas or beans (or a mix) or 100 g tempeh or tofu (1–2 times a week).