You know the feeling: you get home from work tired, lacking cooking inspiration and in desperate need of something quick, easy and delicious. This one-pan dish is here to save the day. It’s loaded with fibre, healthy fats and requires minimal washing up. Pro tip: make extra for tomorrow’s lunch!
One-Pan Cumin Chickpea & Tzatziki
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and sliced lengthways
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped into wedges
- 1 orange, chopped into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and leaves torn from stem
- 1 tsp cumin
- handful of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup tzatziki or coconut yoghurt
- sesame seeds, to serve
- chilli flakes, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chopped carrot and sweet potato on the baking tray. Arrange the chopped red onion and orange wedges around the vegetables and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season generously with cumin and salt and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- After 20-25 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and spread over chickpeas and kale. Drizzle remaining olive oil, sprinkle over cumin and season with salt. Return to oven for a further 15-20 minutes, or until chickpeas are golden and the kale is crispy.
- Remove the pan from oven, add baby spinach leaves and dollop over tzatziki or yoghurt. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, chilli and a little more cumin, if desired.