Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
One of the best cravings I’ve ever satisfied with these delicious cookies! I shared the recipe on social media and it appears many of you felt the same, so it was clear I needed to include them on the blog. Not only are they gluten-free and refined sugar-free, they’re also vegan – you’d never know something so decadent could also be packed with good-for-you ingredients. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla powder
- 1/3 cup water
- Handful Brazil nuts
- A few drops stevia (optional)
- Additional ingredients for cookie topping: 5 brazil nuts/cashews + 2 tbsp desiccated coconut + 1-2 tbsp water.
- Pulse ingredients in the food processor until a sticky dough forms.
- Roll into balls, place on a baking sheet and use a fork to pat them down.
- Topping: blend 5 Brazil nuts or cashews, 2-3 tbsp desiccated coconut and a 1 tbsp of water in the food processor, than sprinkle over the cookies.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- They will come out moist and gooey (how I like it!) but cook for longer for a more crunchy texture.