Quick, easy, fresh and delicious – that’s what healthy eating at JSHealth is all about! For example, I love making extra protein for dinner and saving it to add to broccoli rice or a bunch of fresh veggies in a chopped salad the next day. Here are a few of my favourite recipes for when you just don’t have time – simply whip up some healthy fried rice, a quick stir-fry or some pesto pasta! Easy? Peasy!
With just a few simple ingredients you can turn the not-so-healthy traditional fried rice into a superfood-filled complete meal. Two new studies just reported that including more wholegrains into your diet, like brown rice, can considerably lower your risk of heart disease, cancer and type 2 diabetes! Not to mention, kale and garlic are super high in Vitamin-C – helping to keep those pesky Winter colds away. Add an egg for extra protein or top with some organic grilled chicken or salmon – yum!
Who doesn’t love pesto pasta? I like to use a brown-rice, gluten-free brand of pasta, which I cook whilst the chicken is sautéing in the pan. Top with some grated parmesan if you like!
A simple family favourite of mine that takes less than half an hour to whip up! Using spices (like this divine Cajun spice) and a high-quality non-stick pan when cooking are great ways to add lots of flavour without any extra oils or nasties.
Some other great options:
- Broccoli rice with chicken breast or an egg
- Cauliflower Rice with chicken breast or an egg
- Chop chop salad with protein of choice – recipe in my second book, Living the Healthy Life.
- A wholesome open omelette filled with vegetables
- Quick salmon/chicken/tofu stir fry with ginger, chilli, sesame and greens
- Lentils sautéed with kale or greens of choice in olive oil, garlic and spices
- LEFTOVERS – always so quick and easy!
What are your favourite meals when you’re on the run?