I love using pumpkin spice in my baking. It’s blood-sugar balancing, soothing on the digestive system and a great natural sweetener. These bars are packed with good fats, antioxidants and protein to keep you glowing all morning! If you don’t have pumpkin spice you can use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Bars
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup organic oats or quinoa
- 3 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sultanas or currants
- 2-3 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tsbp organic coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 2 tbsp tahini, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined – the mixture should be firm but soft.
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking tray and press the mixture in evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Combine the ingredients for the turmeric drizzle and stir until smooth and combined. Drizzle over mixture.
- Cover and freeze for 30-40 mins or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into eight bars.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.