This is one of my fave quick and easy lunch combos! Filled with nutrients and antioxidants from broccoli and Brussels sprouts (brassica veggies are loaded with fibre and liver detoxifying power!). For my veggie-lovers, hummus is a great source of plant-based protein that is nut-free, gluten-free and dairy-free too, full of healthy fats, iron and calcium – my go-to condiment without a doubt! I love pairing this with some simply grilled chicken coated in za’atar spice or some organic crumbled goats cheese.
Rainbow Roast Veggie Salad with Avocado & Hummus
- 12 brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 big handfuls of greens (rocket, spinach, kale)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Place chopped Brussels sprouts and broccoli on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle chilli flakes and season generously with sea salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Divide greens between two plates and top with roasted vegetables, sliced avocado, chopped red onion and hummus.
- Sprinkle extra chilli flakes and enjoy!