Nutella is one of the most loved spreads, but it’s not exactly healthy. That’s why I’ve created this wholesome nutella cake. With hazelnuts, dates and coconut, it’s got plenty of natural sweetness with plenty of fibre. It’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
Raw Nutella Cake
- 1 1/2 cup hazelnuts, plus extra to garnish
- 1 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
For the topping
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tbps cacao powder
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- Line a small baking dish with baking paper.
- Place the hazelnuts into a food processor and blitz them until they form a crumb.
- Add the dates, 3 tbsp cacao, cinnamon, salt and coconut and process until it forms a sticky mixture. If it’s not holding together, add the water until its firm enough to set. Press the mixture into tin.
- In the food processor, add the tahini, rice malt and 1 tbsp cacao powder and pulse until it forms a smooth consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add a few drops of water.
- Spread the mixture over tart tin. Even out the mixture with a spatula. Sprinkle with cinnamon and place the tin in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes, or until set.
- Once set, serve with a dollop of yoghurt or coconut ice-cream and some crushed berries and chopped hazelnuts.
For more nutritious, wholesome dessert recipes, check out my 8-week Program.