Hi angels! Not sure what to get mum this Mother’s Day? Cook for her instead, she’ll be SO impressed with these two delicious, super simple, nutritious recipes!
This is my healthy version of Bircher Muesli. It’s quick, easy and you can make a big batch and refrigerate any leftovers for up to a week!
Time to cook: 5 minutes, 1 hours fridge time
- 1 cup rolled oats, or quinoa flakes for gluten-free
- 1 cup (250mL) water, or milk of choice
- 1 serve JSHealth Protein + Probiotics (optional)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, or pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- ¼ cup goji berries, or dried cranberries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt (or coconut yoghurt for dairy-free)
- 1 tsp honey, maple syrup or stevia
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ cup blueberries, or strawberries
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Place the bowl in fridge and allow to soak for a minimum of one hour, or overnight.
- Serve with grated green apple and blueberries. Keeping the fruit separate ensures it doesn’t brown and means your bircher will last longer in the fridge.
- Keep stored in fridge for up to 5 days.
Pancakes with Salted Caramel
The best accidental & healthy salted caramel sauce you will ever try! I was in my kitchen with a bottle of maple and tahini and thought combining them would create something quite delicious… and that’s exactly what happened. These are the ultimate weekend pancakes. Enjoy!
Time to cook: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ banana
- ½ cup (50g) rolled oats
- 2 egg
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- extra virgin olive oil spray, or coconut oil spray, for frying
For the salted caramel sauce
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp warm water
- pinch sea salt
- ½ banana, sliced
- Place all of the pancake ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- To make the salted caramel sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Lightly spray the pan with olive oil or coconut oil. Add 2 tablespoons of the pancake mixture to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side. Repeat this process with the remaining batter.
- To serve, divide the pancakes across 2 plates and top with the salted caramel sauce and sliced banana.
For over 500 simple, delicious and nutritious recipes like these, try the JSHealth App today! It’s the PERFECT gift for mum if you’ve left it to the last minute, containing all the tools she could ever need to live a healthy, sustainable life!