These JSHealth salad boards are getting better by the minute!! One of my favourite veggie combos in history – and so nutritious too! Broccoli, like all the brassica-family vegetables, is an amazing detoxifier (they contain an enzyme that helps liver detoxification!) while avocado and almonds are full of good fats to increase satiety and keep blood sugar levels stable! I love serving this salad with some simply grilled chicken or salmon with a touch of za’atar spice. Can be made vegan without parmesan too!
Roast Broccoli, Red Onion & Avocado Salad with Parmesan and Toasted Almonds
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp parmesan, shaved
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Cut broccoli into florets and place on a lined baking tray.
- Chop red onion into wedges and add to baking tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over broccoli and roast onion. Sprinkle with sea salt and chilli flakes. Toss to coat and add to oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden and crispy.
- Arrange spinach leaves on a serving board.
- Slice avocado and add to spinach.
- Add roasted broccoli and red onion, almonds and parmesan to salad.
- To make dressing, whisk together hummus, lemon juice and vinegar until combined. Drizzle over salad and serve.