I’m obsessed with these easy one-pan dinners – as simple as throwing some veggies and a protein onto a baking tray and roasting until delicious! This is the perfect vegetarian dinner option and so easy! Pumpkin and carrots are great starchy veggies too – really low GI and full of antioxidants from the beta-carotene! Enjoy xo
Pumpkin & Chickpea One-Pan with Hummus Dressing
Serves: 2, as a main or 4, as a side
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pumpkin
- 3-4 carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5-6 mint leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp hummus
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white balsamic, white wine or Apple Cider)
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Chop pumpkin into small wedges. Slice carrots thinly. Arrange on baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season generously.
- Add baking tray to the oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, until golden and slightly caramelised.
- To make the dressing, combine hummus, mustard, vinegar and maple syrup, if using, in a small jar. Whisk until combined.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven and add chickpeas to tray. Drizzle over dressing and top with pepitas, chilli flakes and mint leaves.
For more easy and nutritious recipes, follow Jess on Instagram.