Pumpkin and sage is a match made in heaven! I love serving this salad when I host a dinner party – it’s so easy to put together and tastes absolutely divine! Plus pumpkin is full of beta-carotene, which converts into vitamin A and helps protect cells from damage and creates antioxidants in the body. I love serving this with a simply grilled protein and fresh green salad.
Roasted Pumpkin with Crispy Sage & Tahini Dressing
Serves: 6-8, as a side
- 1 kg Jap pumpkin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- 20 sage leaves
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Parsley leaves, to garnish
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Chop the pumpkin into large wedges. Drizzle with olive oil, sea salt and chilli flakes, if using. Roast in oven for 35-40 minutes until cooked and slightly caramelised around the edges.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a small non-stick pan. Add 2-3 sage leaves and fry until crispy (1-2 minutes). Place crispy sage leaves on a paper towel to dry. Repeat in batches, until all sage leaves are crispy.
- To make dressing, whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add roasted pumpkin to a serving platter, drizzle with dressing and top with toasted pumpkin seeds, crispy sage and some fresh parsley.