My darling mum taught me how to make this tasty salad and I know you’re going to love it. It’s so simple, fresh and delicious. I love adding some grilled halloumi or chicken on the side to make it a more substantial meal.
Roasted Tomato & Mushroom Salad with Crunchy Almonds
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 250g button mushrooms
- sea salt
- 1 tsp mixed seasoning
- 3 big handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 100g slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (if using)
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a lined baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season generously. Roast for 45 minutes or until caramelised.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the mushrooms with a pinch of sea salt and 1 tsp mixed seasoning, until the mushrooms are golden and cooked.
- To make the dressing, whisk together all of ingredients in a jar.
- Assemble the salad by adding the greens to a large bowl and topping with the roasted tomatoes and mushrooms. Sprinkle the flaked almonds and drizzle the dressing and balsamic vinegar (if using).
I have plenty more delicious and nutritious recipes in my 8-week Program.