My darling mum taught me how to make this! You guys are going to love this one – so simple, fresh and delicious. I love adding some grilled haloumi or chicken to make it a more substantial meal! Enjoy x
Roast Tomato & Mushroom Salad with Crunchy Almonds
Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 250g button mushrooms
- 3 big handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 100g slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed seasoning
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (if using)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to a lined baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season generously. Roast for 45 minutes or until caramelised.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Sauté mushrooms, adding a pinch of sea salt and 1 tsp mixed seasoning, until golden and cooked.
- To make dressing, whisk together all ingredients in a jar.
- Assemble salad by adding salad greens to a large bowl then topping with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms. Sprinkle flaked almonds and drizzle over dressing and balsamic vinegar (if using).