Roasting veggies is one of my favourite ways to prepare a simple, delicious healthy meal. I wanted to show you guys exactly how I make the best roast veggies – step-by-step. Add them to a salad, as a side for your dinner main or roast up a big batch to use in your healthy dishes throughout the week!
Here are my simple steps to roasting veggies:
- Pick a favourite veggie of choice – broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, beetroot, zucchini, carrots, pumpkin, fennel etc. I love them all.
- Pre-heat your oven to about 180 degrees Celsius (I like to use fan-force bake to cook my veggies!)
- Slice them up into small pieces/cubes/florets and evenly arrange them on a lined baking tray (I use baking paper), making sure there is a little room between each veggie.
- Use olive oil/melted coconut oil and brush/spray/drizzle the oil onto the veggies. To make things super easy, buy an olive oil or coconut oil spray to ensure even coating of veggies.
- Sprinkle the veggies with sea salt, mixed spice of choice (turmeric, cumin, chilli flakes or cinnamon are some of my favourites) and pepper.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake the veggies for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Take out, allow to cool.
- Enjoy in your JSHealth meal.
Some of my fave roast veggie meals:
- Harissa Cauliflower & Chickpea Salad with Goats Cheese & Mint
- Rainbow Roast Vegetable Salad with Hummus & Avocado
- Roast Pumpkin, Carrot & Chickpea One Pan