Roasted carrots and rosemary are a match made in heaven! With an extra vitamin C boost from roasted capsicum and healthy fats from tahini paste. I love serving this dip as an easy entrée at dinner parties or making a batch at the beginning of the week and enjoying as my mid-afternoon snack with wholegrain crackers. I use the Braun MultiQuick hand blender because it just ensures the perfect consistency – but you can also use a food processor!
Roasted Carrot & Capsicum Rosemary Dip
- 5 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 capsicum, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 heaped tbsp of tahini paste
- sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Arrange carrots and capsicum evenly across a lined baking tray. Add rosemary sprigs to tray. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and season generously with sea salt. Roast in oven for 40-45 minutes, or until carrots are cooked and caramelised.
- Add roasted carrots, capsicum and leaves of rosemary sprigs to a large bowl (or a food processor). Add garlic cloves, lemon juice and tahini paste and season with salt and pepper. Using the Braun MultiQuick9 hand blender, pulse until it reaches the desired consistency. You can also use a food processor.
- Enjoy with crudités or your favourite wholegrain crackers!