Obsessed with these little tasty treats! You guys know I love anything with salted caramel and this just hits the spot. Tahini is incredible – can make just about anything taste decadent and is full of unsaturated fat (the good fat that helps your skin glow!). Remember, these are a treat – perfect for indulgence in moderation… Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Dates
Makes: 10 dates
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- 50g (10 tsp) hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4-6 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- Using a knife, make a small cut in the date and create a little well for the tahini. Spoon in 1/2-1 tsp (depending on size) of tahini into the date.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil with cacao powder and maple syrup. Adding more cacao powder if necessary to reach desired consistency (thick liquid).
- Dip one tahini-filled date into the coconut-cacao mixture until coated, remove and place on a lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining dates.
- Sprinkle a few salt flakes on each date and add to freezer to set for 10-15 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 week or the freezer for 1 month.