When I need a healthy sweet treat that’s ready in a flash – this salted caramel nice-cream is my go-to! It’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet with added crunch from pistachios and cacao nibs! Tahini is a great source of copper, calcium and magnesium and with no added sugar – this recipe is an amazing afternoon tea treat or a decadent dessert… Healthy indulgence at it’s best! Also great for kiddies – can be made nut free by omitting pistachios!
Salted Caramel Nice-Cream with Pistachios and Cacao Nibs
- 2 frozen ripe bananas, chopped
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut and extra pistachios, to top
- Add frozen banana, tahini, sea salt, almond milk, cinnamon, maple syrup (if using) and cinnamon to a food processor. Process until blended and an ice-cream like texture.
- Stir through pistachios and cacao nibs.
- Serve into 2 bowls, top with extra coconut and pistachios.