Had to share my favourite healthy dessert from my second book! Seriously, who would’ve thought salted chocolate and rosemary would make such a fantastic food combo? This recipe proves it. I absolutely go nuts for these. Perfect for your next celebration!
Salted Chocolate & Rosemary Tart
- 1 heaped cup almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and torn
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary, plus extra to decorate
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place the almonds in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. Add the shredded coconut, cacao powder and sea salt, melted coconut oil and process again to combine. Add the dates one at a time and process until mixture comes together.
- Press the crust into a 24cm tart tin using the back of a spoon. Ensure the crust is evenly pressed and spread up the sides of the tin too. Add to freezer whilst you prepare the filling.
- To make the chocolate filling, add remaining melted coconut oil, raw cacao powder, rice malt or maple syrup, chopped rosemary and sea salt to a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Remove crust from freezer. Pour the chocolate filling into the crust evenly and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour to set.
- To serve, decorate the tart with rosemary sprigs and a pinch of sea salt, if desired.
For more delicious and healthy recipes, check out my 8-week online Program!