These nut-free bliss balls from the JSHealth app are rich in fibre and healthy fats. Enjoy 1-2 for a mid-morning snack or nutrient-rich dessert.
Salted Tahini Bliss Balls (Nut-free)
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup activated buckwheat groats (optional)
- ¼ cup sesame seeds, for rolling
- Combine the Medjool dates, oats, coconut, cinnamon and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined.
- Pour in the hulled tahini and water and process again. Add the buckwheat groats, if using, and pulse 2-3 times until combined. You want the buckwheat to keep its shape.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls. Then roll the balls in the sesame seeds to coat.
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.