You guys know how much I love Brussels Sprouts – and they are so good this time of year! They’re incredible liver detoxifiers (as are all the brassica veggies e.g. kale, cauliflower, broccoli) so are amazing if you’re trying to detox too. This is a simple JSHealth meal – takes 15 mins to whip up and is full of flavour! Enjoy x
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Lentils
- 12-15 Brussels sprouts, thinly shaved
- 1 can of lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp cumin spice
- 1/4 cup filtered warm water
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Add shaved brussels sprouts to pan and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Add lentils, curry powder and cumin to the pan and continue to sauté for a further 2-3 minutes, until lentils are warmed through and spices have been mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper (as much as desired).
- Meanwhile, make cumin-tahini dressing by adding all ingredients into a small bowl and whisking until smooth.
- Add to a plate and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Drizzle over dressing to serve.