This wholesome loaf will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied thanks to an array of healthy fats, fibre and complex carbohydrates. Pair it with fresh, leafy greens and avocado or tahini.
Savoury Sweet Potato Loaf
Makes: 1 loaf, 1-2 slices per serve
For the dry ingredients
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ cup LSA or ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried rosemary
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, to top
For the wet ingredients
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cups sweet potato mash, cooled
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Place all of the dry ingredients, except the pumpkin seeds, in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, place all of the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, stirring until everything is well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking tin. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds over the loaf and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. To check if the bread is cooked, insert a skewer into the middle of the loaf. If the skewer comes out dry, it’s cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the loaf from the oven and cool in the tin before slicing.
Keep the loaf covered in the fridge for up to one week. It also freezes well.
For a plant-based option: Replace the eggs with chia or flax eggs and swap the cheese for a dairy-free variety.