This is an absolute family favourite. I make this dish often, and they love it. It’s incredibly quick to prepare, which makes it a perfect mid-week dinner option.
- 4x 180g salmon fillets, bones removed and skin on
- 1/4 cup spring onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, white or black
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 teaspoon stevia powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Marinate the salmon for up to 30 minutes in a covered bowl or in a large snap-lock bag.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade. Reserve the marinade.
- Lay the salmon, skin-side down, on the lined tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the oven. Pour over the reserved marinade and scatter over the spring onions.
- This is good with some bok choy stir-fried in a hot wok or frying pan with tamari, sesame oil and freshly grated ginger.