Ah Tahini, I don’t know if I could love it more! It makes everything that much more delicious and packs a great nutritional punch. The perfect match for roasted sweet potato and spicy chickpeas in this balanced JSHealth bowl!
Spiced Chickpea & Tahini Sweet Potato JSHealth Bowl
- 1 sweet potato
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups of shredded kale & baby spinach or greens of choice
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Harissa spice to taste or cayenne pepper & paprika
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Set your oven to 180° Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Dice the sweet potato and place into a bowl, add half the coconut oil and mix to coat. Place sweet potato on baking tray and place in oven for 15 mins or until soft and lightly browned.
- Lightly toast the chickpeas in a small fry pan, making sure to toss the pan to avoid burning. Take off the heat and mix through ½ tsp of harissa spice mix.
- Gently sauté the greens in a pan with the rest of the coconut oil on medium heat until bright green.
Divide greens equally between serving bowls and drizzle with tahini. Add cooked sweet potato, toasted chickpeas and sliced avocado. Yum!