I had to share this delicious and quick power snack that my community have been loving lately. These sugar free protein balls are so easy to make. I usually make a batch for the week and find they keep me super satisfied when I need a quick energy boost – or have a sugar craving! They’re free from processed sugar, so you won’t experience the blood sugar roller coaster you get from sugary snacks.
Try whipping up a batch this week – you’ll be prepped with healthy snacks before the work week even starts. And get creative! You can try a variety of different nuts and mix-ins to make each bite uniquely delicious.
Sugar-Free Protein Balls
- 4 tbsp. LSA mix (linseed, sunflower, almond meal) or 2 serves JSHealth Protein + Probiotics
- 2 tbsp. mixed seeds (I like pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
- 1 tbsp. cacao (can omit)
- 2 heaped tbsp. almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds/psyllium husk – for the fibre hit
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp. stevia powder/6 vanilla stevia drops
- 1/4-1/2 cup warm filtered water – start small and add more as needed
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut, for rolling (can omit)
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth. If the mixture is too wet, add more LSA mix; if the mixture is too dry, add a splash of warm water.
- Spread the desiccated coconut over a plate.
- Roll into balls of your desired size and roll in the desiccated coconut.
- Place balls into a air-proof container and refrigerate for up to 7 days.