I’m all about listening to your body. When you have a craving for pizza… sometimes your body needs pizza! But instead of making the heavy, cheesy, not-so-great-for-your body version, try this Green Pizza – a gluten-free, dairy-free and nutrient-filled dinner that doesn’t compromise on taste or crunch! Get creative with toppings – leftover roast veggies, mushrooms or ricotta are delicious additions!
Makes: 2 medium sized pizzas
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup LSA or ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup milk or Almond Milk
- 2 cups mixed greens e.g. kale, spinach, rocket, silverbeet etc.
- 1/4 cup good-quality tomato/pasta sauce
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp pesto, store-bought or my favourite homemade Walnut Pesto
- Preheat oven to 180° (or 160° if fan-forced).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to a food processor and process until combined, making sure the greens have been very finely chopped.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry, stirring until everything is well combined. If the batter is too wet, add extra almond meal. If it is too dry, add more almond milk.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Take out half the mixture and shape into a circular pizza base with a thickness of 1-2cm – you want it to be thin enough so it goes crispy!
- Repeat with remaining mixture to make a second pizza.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden around the edges. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Top with tomato sauce, sliced zucchini and parmesan and return to oven for a further 15 minutes, until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Remove pizza from oven, slice and enjoy!