These babies are perfect for ANZAC day! Traditionally ANZAC cookies are made with oats and flour, but for many, grains can cause digestive discomfort. No need to miss out, whip up a super quick batch of these delicious grain-free cookies. You won’t even miss the oats. Yum!
Tahini & Cinnamon Biscuits
Makes: 8-10 shortbread
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 heaped tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp stevia powder or maple syrup
- A big pinch of celtic sea salt
- 2 dates, pitted (optional)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Extra almonds and cinnamon to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until it comes together – the mixture should be sticky enough to hold its shape when pressed. If it’s too dry, try adding a touch more water.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of mixture onto a lined baking tray and shape into shortbread. Top with an almond. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Drizzle with extra tahini and sprinkle cinnamon.
For more nutritious and delicious recipes just like this, try our 8-week Online Program!