Last week I was having the biggestttt tahini cravings – so I headed straight to the kitchen and found myself whipping up these babies… Sugar-free tahini shortbread! It literally just happened – and they taste so divine. Gluten-free and vegan friendly too plus tahini is full of essential minerals like magnesium, iron and calcium. Make these ASAP!
Makes: 8-10 shortbread
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 heaped tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp stevia powder or maple syrup
- A big pinch of celtic sea salt
- 2 dates, pitted (optional)
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Extra almonds and cinnamon to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until it comes together – the mixture should be sticky enough to hold its shape when pressed. If it’s too dry, try adding a touch more water.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of mixture onto a lined baking tray and shape into shortbread. Top with an almond. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Drizzle with extra tahini and sprinkle cinnamon.
Don’t forget to follow my Instagram page to get loads of daily healthy tips and recipes – @jshealth