Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
A delicious and really simple twist on a classic. You can easily make it tonight – and the best part is that you’ll have amazing leftovers for lunch tomorrow!
- 6 chicken thighs, fat trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 small Chinese cabbage
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally + extra (to serve)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce (see below)
Method (Teriyaki Sauce)
- Whisk together 1/4 cup Tamari, 2 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp stevia powder/raw honey, 1 tsp grated fresh ginger, 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard, Himalayan sea salt and ground pepper.
- Make the Teriyaki Sauce in a shallow bowl or large snap-lock bag. Season and add the chicken, coating in the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is browned. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender. Add the cabbage and spring onions and cook for 1 minute, or until the cabbage is wilted and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and the extra spring onions. Brown rice is a good side dish!
Recipe from my book, The Healthy Life!
Now available in the UK at: Amazon, ASDA, Blackwells, Book Depository, Foyles, Gardners Books, IE Argosy, IE Dubray Books, WHSmith, Waterstones and all other good bookstores!