I made this one the other day for the family and they adored the Thai style flavours. The dish is so nourishing and filling. Enjoy as a side or main dish.
Thai Eggplant, Kale & Cauliflower Rice
- 2 eggplants, chopped into cubes
- 1 bunch kale, finely chopped
- 2 cauliflower rice packets or one large cauliflower
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- bunch of coriander or parsley, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg whisked, optional
- chilli flakes, salt, pepper
- 2 organic eggs – optional
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Degrees celsius.
- Add the eggplant cubes to a lined baking tray, sprinkle salt over them and let them sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Drizzle the melted coconut oil and tamari over the eggplant, place into oven and bake for 45-60 minutes until soft and golden.
- While the eggplant is baking, make the cauliflower rice. Heat up a a medium sized frying pan and add 1 tbsp coco oil.
- Add the cauliflower rice – and fry until cooked through (4-5 mins).
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and add it to the pan to fry with the rice (optional). Add the chopped kale and sauté for a further 2-3 minutes, or until kale is cooked.
- Drizzle with tamari, chilli flakes and pepper and season generously. Serve into a bowl/platter.
- Then top the cauliflower rice with the baked eggplant pieces
- Garnish the dish with the chopped cashews, chopped coriander and extra chilli if you wish.
Pssssst. You can now pay week-by-week for the JSHealth Program – only $18.63 a week! – click here