Since good nutrition and proper self care have become a regular committed practice for me, I’m often asked about my tips for clear and glowing skin. I’m happy to tell you that it’s easier than you think, and it certainly doesn’t involve any expensive products or outlandish procedures. Our bodies respond beautifully to proper care!
Here are the 5 things I always keep in my beauty bag:
- Apple Cider Vinegar: I swear by ACV for fixing blemishes! It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that can prevent acne or pimples by cleaning skin pores and removing bacteria, oil and other dust particles. Plus, it helps restore and balance your skin’s pH – which is essential in preventing breakouts. Just dip a cotton bud into a little Apple Cider Vinegar, dab onto the problem area and leave over night!
- Good fats: Avocado and walnuts not only make for a delicious snack but are an amazing source of fatty acids, which help guard the skin against sun damage and inflammation. Avocado is a great source of antioxidants, like carotenoids, which improve the elasticity of skin, Vitamin C which is vital for collagen formation and Vitamin E, which protects against free radicals!
- Probiotics: Good gut health is SO important for clear skin and overall glow. Probiotics help repopulate the gut with good bacteria which assist in hormone regulation and detoxifying of the body – essential processes for skin health! You can read all my tips for cleaning your gut here.
- ECO. Modern Essentials: Some of my favourite, all natural products! Their cellulite body rub helps fight cellulite and restores moisture to skin in need of a bit of love!
- Yoghurt: Loaded with probiotics (again, so important for skin health!) and makes for an easy homemade face mask! Just mix 2 tbsp oats, 2 tbsp natural yoghurt, juice of half a lemon and 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar with a splash or two of water. Mix in a bowl and add onto skin for 15 minutes, then rinse! Delicious and cleansing!
What natural beauty products can’t you live without? I’d love to know.