By now many of you know what my number one health MUST is…less stress, more REST!
Taking the time to rest and recuperate will do wonders for your day- to-day life. This is because it recharges you at a cellular level. It will refresh you so you can complete tasks, and allows you to approach your relationships and health with more vigour and energy. If you’re a business whiz, think about it this way: because it makes you more efficient, productive and happy, rest offers the best return on investment!
Here are my Top 10 Tips for getting 8 hours of sleep each night:
1. Switch all technology off by 9pm! TV, phones, computers – everything! The electromagnetic waves mess with our pineal gland that is responsible for making the sleep hormone
2. No caffeinated tea after 3pm – only herbal
3. Listen to calming meditation practice/relaxing music before bed
4. Avoid bright lights
5. 20 diaphragm breathes before bed/ deep belly breathing!
6. Drink a cup of warm milk, pinch of salt and cinnamon before bed time. This is am amazing sleep tonic.
7. Enjoy a warm bath with epsom salts. The magnesium in the epsom salts is great for relaxation. The heat also induces sleep!
8. I enjoy a glass of magnesium at night. 500-800mg before bed (your health store can recommend a good brand)
9. Dab lavender oil on temples and pillow