There are almost no words for this last-minute, no-recipe creation! I randomly put this together thanks to inspiration from a jar of peanut butter sitting in my pantry. Honestly, that’s how I seem to come up with the best recipes – they just happen!
This Peanut Butter Slice is super easy, super healthy, and a great snack for kiddies (and adults too)! I’ve been snacking on them all week with chai tea and have wished I could hand them out virtually, but sharing the recipe is the next best thing! This treat is also vegan, gluten free, sugar free and dairy free, and it’s high in fibre, too – I’ve noticed a lot of people aren’t eating enough fibre. What’s not to love?
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it reaches a sticky, dough-like texture, adding a bit more water if necessary.
- Transfer mixture into a small baking dish and press down until the base is covered. You can adjust for desired thickness.
- Place in the fridge for 45-60 minutes, or in the freezer for 20 minutes.