Winter can be a bit of a downer, especially when it comes to our health.
Our immune system takes a toll! We all get hit with the flu and other nasty viruses, as well as a general lack of energy, motivation and enthusiasm. And then come the cravings… chocolate, red wine, creamy pastas and more, leaving us feeling even worse!
Make this winter a truly nourishing one. Let us use this time to take care of our bodies. After a summer of drinking and partying, your body is begging for some rest and rejuvenation. I have learnt that winter is actually the perfect opportunity to give your bodies some TLC.
My homemade ginger tea will give your body the love it so needs! I make a pot each night before bedtime.
- 2 cm cubes of ginger skinned and cut up – ginger helps detoxify the body and aids digestion
- 1 whole lemon – lemon is high in vitamin C & acts as a cleansing agent for the liver
- 1 whole nutmeg – strong antibacterial agent
- cinnamon sticks/ground cinnamon – stabilizes blood sugar levels
- vanilla sticks
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- Add all the ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil.