These protein- and fibre-rich egg muffins are guaranteed to keep you full all morning. I also love having one in my bag as a mid-afternoon snack.
5-Ingredient Egg Muffins
- 12 organic eggs
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup good quality pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil or olive oil spray
- fresh basil, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 360°F. Lightly coat or spray a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture halfway up into each space of the muffin tin.
- Divide the mixed greens and cherry tomatoes between each muffin cup. Add 1 tsp of pesto to each.
- Add to oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, until the muffins are golden and cooked through. To check if the muffins are cooked, insert a skewer. If it comes out clean, then they’re ready.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4–5 days.