I recently returned from a 7-day trip to Bali, where I was cleansing (on my signature JSHealth Restart Plan), blogging and writing book two. I was visiting several health spas, healthy cafes, and really wanted to also experience Ubud itself. So I decided to stay at Alila Ubud Hotel for 2 nights, which was arranged by the amazing Kelly Beckwith from Bali Blogger Collaborations. So grateful!
A luxury hotel set in the heart of the Ubud jungle and rice fields – just stunning. The hotel is Balinese style and the rooms are clean, bright and luxurious. I loved the outside bath and shower! If you are planning a trip to Ubud, this is an absolutely gorgeous and highly recommend hotel.
- Yoga is held by the pool at 8am – I loved this. Yoga always makes my holidays better.
- The pool is a true highlight – just stunning. It overlooks the incredible jungle greenery of Ubud. The view truly makes you feel rested – you feel as though you are far away from the business of everyday life. It is incredibly peaceful.
- Very convenient location. The setting feels so private and exotic. And yet it is just a 15 minute drive from the main shopping centre, which makes it so convenient!
- The staff are incredibly friendly.
- The rooms are stunning and so luxuriously comfortable!
- The restaurant is candlelit at night and felt so romantic – I was wishing Dean was there!
- Great spot for teenagers or young couples. Some hotels aren’t as appropriate for children, but I think teens and young adults would really be able to absorb the beauty and enjoy everything they have to offer.
I had delicious fresh fruit for breakfast every morning. I also loved their homemade granola! Dinners were always delicious and wholesome – one of my favourites was a yellow vegetable curry with wok-fried vegetables. Incredible!
There’s so much more to say about the food; it truly deserves its own blog post! I was able to take a cooking class – it was just incredible. It started by visiting the local fruit and veg markets early in the morning and then we came back to the hotel to cook up a storm in the organic garden. The chef is very knowledge and cooked all vegetarian dishes for me. Stay tuned – I can’t wait to share with you one of my favourite parts of my stay at Alila!