Creating in the kitchen often stems from inspiration. Just as I hope that The Clean Life has breathed some new life into your recipe repertoire, I’ve been loving the beautiful creations from Bianca of Wholefood Simply and wanted to share an especially tasty treat for the weekend. This dessert for one is healthy, raw made from simple whole ingredients, and tastes absolutely decadent – all things that get the JSHealth tick of approval!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Line a mini loaf tin with baking paper hanging over the sides.
- Place the ingredients into your processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a smooth thick paste. Press the mixture firmly into the lined loaf tin and place in the fridge while you make your chocolate: 2 tbsp coconut oil, 4 tbsp cacao, 2 tbsp honey.
- Place the oil and honey into a large mug or small bowl and blend it together with a fork. Mix in the cacao until it is smooth and looking delicious. You can also do this in a blender or processor.
- Spread the mixture evenly over your slice. Sprinkle desiccated coconut over the top and return the slice to the fridge to set. Cut. Eat. Enjoy.