These baked oats are great to prepare on a Sunday, as they can be enjoyed for breakfast throughout the week. They store well and are sure to be a family favourite. This is currently one of the most popular app recipes so we thought we’d make it available for everyone (and to give you a sneak peek into the JSHealth app!). We hope you love it as much as we do.
Berry Baked Oats
- 3 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp protein powder of choice (optional)
- 1 banana
- 2 ½ cups milk of choice (we use almond milk)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
Greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 160°C or 320°F.
- Spread half of the berries across the base of a baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and protein powder, if using. Stir to combine and pour evenly over the top of the berries.
- In a blender, combine the banana, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and hulled tahini. Blend until smooth. You can also whisk the ingredients together by hand if you don’t have access to a blender.
- Pour the wet mix evenly over the top of the oats. Give the baking dish a little shake to help the milk settle through the dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle the remaining berries on top and place in the preheated oven to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of yoghurt.
You can find plenty more delicious, quick and easy breakfast ideas in the JSHealth App. Now available on Android too!