This warm nourishing crumble is like eating dessert for breakfast. Enjoy it with a nice cup of chai.
Prep Time: 25 minutes, including cooking
- 2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Greek-style yoghurt or coyo, to serve
- 3 tablespoons organic or gluten-free oats
- 1 tablespoon crushed walnuts
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch of grated nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced).
- Combine the berries and cinnamon in a small baking dish or two ramekins.
- To make the crumble topping, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle the crumble evenly over the berries.
- Bake the breakfast crumble for 10–15 minutes or until golden. Serve with a generous dollop of Greek-style yoghurt or coyo.
This is one of the many beautiful, easy and delicious recipes from my second book, Living the Healthy Life – click here to order your copy.