You guys know how much I love Brussels sprouts… and this combination, with spicy curry powder, crisp sprouts and sautéed lentils, is such a winner. Full of protein and satiating healthy fats (thank you tahini and avocado!) this JSHealth Bowl is bound to become a weekly favourite.
Brussels Sprout & Lentil Bowl
- 400g lentils (cooked or tinned, drained and rinsed)
- 10-12 Brussels sprouts, washed
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 big handfuls of fresh greens
- 1/4 purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Shred Brussels sprouts thinly, using a knife, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add Brussels sprouts and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked.
- Add lentils and curry powder and season generously with salt, continuing to sauté until warm.
- Divide lentils and Brussels sprouts between two bowls and add a handful of greens and shredded cabbage to each bowl. Decorate with avocado cubes and drizzle over tahini.
P.S Make sure you don’t miss out on our Spring Sale for the JSHealth Program! We’re giving a huge $50 off, which means the whole program is only $99 plus you’ll get a free Clean Treats E-book full of exclusive sweet recipes! Just use the code JS50 at theprogram.jessicasepel.com – Sale ends 4th October 2017!