This recipe is such a simple dinner idea that the JSHealth community can’t get enough of. I like to use a gluten-free pasta made with brown rice, which provides more energy than the usual kind. Once you’re ready to eat, top the dish with some grated parmesan.
Chicken, Broccoli & Pesto Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 organic chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 2 heaped tbsp good quality pesto
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 cups cooked whole grain or gluten-free pasta
- fresh basil, to garnish
- parmesan, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the sliced chicken breasts and 1 tbsp of pesto to the pan, season generously with salt and sauté until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the chopped broccoli and continue to sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the cooked pasta through and add 1 tbsp of pesto. Transfer to a bowl and serve with fresh basil and parmesan, if desired.
I have plenty more wholesome, comforting dinner ideas in my 8-week Program.