Looking for a super simple, healthy snack for your weekend? I’d like to present a need-to-make recipe via the amazing Linzi de Fay, adapted from Tim Noakes’ Real Meal Revolution Cookbook. Whether you identify with a paleo diet or not, it’s a fantastic grain -free, gluten-free, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe that’s sure to please. Enjoy with your favorite spreads – perhaps my chickpea-free zucchini hummus?
Easy Seed Crackers
Whether you identify with a paleo diet or not, it’s a fantastic grain-free, gluten-free, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe that’s sure to please.
- 200g sunflower seeds
- 60g flax seeds
- 100g sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Psyllium Husk
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking sheets with lightly oiled parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and leave the mixture to stand until thick and pliable (about 10 minutes).
- Spread the mixture as thinly as possible on the lined baking sheet (may require 2). The mixture should have no holes or gaps.
- Bake for 1 hour, turning trays after 30 minutes if browning more on one side. They may need another 15 to 20 minutes until they are nice and really crispy.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Once cool, break into any size you like and store in an airtight container.