A few weeks ago I got home from the most special trip to South Africa. I was born in South Africa and only immigrated to Sydney, Australia 11 years ago. Going back is always a trip down memory lane. I hold the place very close to my heart and try to go back as often as I can to see friends and family. It is my home away from home. I got to visit so many amazing health spots in both Johannesburg and Cape Town and wanted to share them with you.
- Virgin Active Gym (Melrose and Sandton)- amazing classes, trainers and steam rooms 😉
- Yoga- Yoga Love in Illovo and Go Yoga Jozi –both amazing
- Tashas- (in many different areas)- delicious salads
- Leafy Greens- vegan and organic restaurant
- The Green Side Cafe- vegan and vegetarian cafe
- Life in Hyde Park- best salads you create yourself
- JB’s Corner (Melrose) – They have a health menu- loved the tuna quinoa ragout and Cajun chicken salad. Try the smoothies on the SWEAT menu.
- Health Store in Hyde Park. Ask the lovely owner that Jess said to make you the best almond butter, ever!
- Moemas Food Shop- amazing selection of deli style salads. The eggplant was delicious!!
- Numi Health Café- Loved the open omelets, smoothies and quinoa salads. The gluten free brownies are also a delicious treat. Missing it!
- Miss Chu- for delicious (1x/day!!!) coffee
- SWEAT 1000- for the most vigorous and motivating workout you will ever do. The owners will make your experience the best yet. Their protein shakes are a little too delish
- Nuri Sushi- for ‘rice less’ sushi. Amazing!
- Giovannias – delicious deli where you can create your own salads and buy pre packaged salads to make a healthy picnic. Take your picnic from there and sit on Clifton beach to watch the sunset
- Skinny Legs and all- apparently amazing salads and home cooked dishes
- Health shop- Wellness Warehouse on Kloof
- Koi Restaurant Bantry Bay- loved their steak with edamame mash, sashimi salads, sesame crusted tuna
- Hot Dog Yoga in Seapoint- amazing yoga classes (heated and unheated classes)
- Babel @Babylonstoren- a piece of health paradise. Organic vegetables, fruit trees and a restaurant that creates food art
- Del Aire Winery – loved the cured trout and quinoa dish
- Le Residence Hotel and Villas – for a massage, lunch and an amazing relaxation session by the pool. Gorgeous setting
- Boulders Beach – for a swim with the penguins! Such a happy place
I hope I have inspired you to make South Africa your next holiday destination – you will love it as much as I do!