Nothing is more comforting than a warm, chai-spiced muffin fresh from the oven! These are a take on my classic Banana, Date and Walnut Muffins but with an extra warming hug from Chai spice and added cinnamon. They’re an amazing addition to your kids school box or warmed up as an afternoon tea snack. Add a dollop of almond butter for an extra treat!
Healthy Chai Banana Muffins
Makes: 10-12 muffins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mixed chai spice (or more if you’re like me and love Chai!)
- 2-3 ripe bananas, plus extra for decorating
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped/crushed
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and chai spice.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, maple syrup, eggs and oil.
- Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thorough.
- Fold through nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins and top with sliced banana.
- Bake for 25 minutes.