Obsessed with these Healthy Cinnamon & Date Scones. They are really delicious – whenever I make them for my family they are a complete hit! Perfect with a cup of my healthy chai tea for an afternoon treat. I also love serving these during the holiday season – adding extra cinnamon spice for that Christmas vibe.
Healthy Gluten-Free Cinnamon & Walnut Scones
- 2 1/2 cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 4-5 dates, chopped (can omit)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 3 eggs (2 for the mixture, 1 for glazing)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Cinnamon, 1-2 dates chopped + handful walnuts for topping.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to remove any lumps.
- Whisk together wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix well until it forms into a dough. Kneed the dough a few times.
- Using your hands take a small handful of mixture and roll into a scone-like shape (I had to Google this!) – basically an uneven circular/rectangular shape.
- Whisk remaining egg and using a pastry brush, brush each bun with a little egg to glaze.
- Add to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes. Top each scone with more cinnamon, crushed walnuts and chopped dates.
For more delicious and healthy recipe ideas, check out my 8-week online Program here!