Six Senses Laamu in Maldives – a place I have dreamt of going for a long time. One to put on your bucket list!
Never in all my life have my eyes seen such beauty.
Turquoise water – clear enough to see the fish and sting rays beneath you.
Imagine waking up, walking to the terrace, jumping into the ocean from your water bungalow.
Swim with the fish, crabs and more.
Snorkel for miles in the ocean – which is more of a big warm bath with amazing sea life.
It is exactly as incredible as it looks in the photos. You get a real sense of why this place has become as exclusive and indulgent as they say. It is, simply, paradise found on earth.
This hotel is on its own island. You take a small plane from Male (the mainland) and then a speedboat to get to the resort – all very worthwhile. This is the place for honeymooners.
Pure luxury. The room is the best I have probably ever stayed in.
The style is beach chic luxury – casual but elegant. It instantly makes you feel that you are on holiday. We had a water bungalow, which faces over the ocean. It comes with your own private pool, an outside dining area, an outdoor shower and an incredible bath. Each part of the villa has areas of glass so you can see the sea life beneath you, even in the toilet!
The bed is deliciously romantic.
The outdoor shower has an outdoor sound system. So yes – we listened to Jay Z and Beyonce while showering. Heaven!
Food for all – so many different things to choose from. You won’t be bored with options. There are four restaurants on the island:
- Zen – a delicious Japanese restaurant and our personal favourite
- Leaf – organic fine dining. I love the fresh fish
- Sip – casual pool dining. I really enjoyed the organic salad with goats cheese.
- Chill Bar – Vietnamese. They have great rice dishes and a delish beef salad.
- Main restaurant – international food that also contains a healthy menu!
A highlight is the in-room dining that has a healthy menu. They can bring you delicious wholesome food to eat at by your private pool. I love the hummus sushi, papaya salad, chicken with quinoa and lobster rice paper rolls. The breakfast is absolutely delicious – a huge amount of healthy options!
Now, there is also an INCREDIBLE homemade ice cream spot – and it’s complimentary! Dangerous? Well it is all homemade and organic, they say. The coconut ice cream is absolutely to die for. I had a scoop daily! When on holiday – relax with food! That still means eating mindful portions, but giving yourself permission to enjoy without the GUILT.
A typical day:
- Wake up WHENEVER!
- Gym or yoga session – they have a great gym! We only do 30 minutes a day on holiday
- Breakfast – P.S. you can snorkel right outside the breakfast room
- Snorkel – dive (if you have a license) or stand up paddleboard
- Lunch by the pool/beach
- Rest and read with Dean
- Spa time – the massages are very good; try the Ayurvedic style
- Boat ride with the dolphins if you wish
- Drinks at Chill bar – stunning scenery and hammocks that rest on the water
- Dinner at restaurant of choice
- Scoop of ice cream…
- And maybe a sneaky cocktail by your private pool
Could life get any better? We didn’t think so.
What I loved most:
- The staff. Our personal room butler was Haanif. He was a special human who just couldn’t do enough for us. Brilliant service.
- The room – most romantic ever
- The scenery
- The snorkeling
- The ambiance of the hotel
- The relaxed feel of the place
- Spending such quality and romantic time with Dean. We felt closer than ever.
What I took home from the experience:
- There’s nowhere better on earth!
- The Maldives is very expensive – but really worthwhile and a place to put on your bucket list. But be prepared to spend on food.
- It is the ultimate honeymoon destination – the most romantic spot imaginable! Dean is the most incredible human being and just wanted to give me my dream honeymoon – thank you my love.
Look no further…this place is magic. Thank you, Six Senses Laamu – you gave us our dream honeymoon.
For more travel tips, you can have a look at the JSHealth Travel Plan here.