This is such a great vegetarian (or vegan!) dinner or lunch option that is nutritious and will keep you satisfied! Not to mention – it tastes amazing! Mushrooms are one of my fave veggies – full of Vitamin D (amazing for bone and muscle health), Vitamin B (for better nerve function!) and folate (essential for cell regeneration). Use whatever herbs you have on hand – I love parsley and basil! Enjoy xo
Herb, Nut & Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 8 medium-sized Portobello mushrooms, washed and dried
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups mixed herbs (continental parsley, basil)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almonds, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Arrange mushrooms on a lined baking tray and remove stems. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Spoon 1-2 tbsp of quinoa into each mushroom.
- To make herb topping, add mixed herbs, 1 tsp sea salt, olive oil, lemon juice and almonds to a food processor and process until a chunky paste.
- Spoon herb topping on top of each quinoa-stuffed mushroom. Top with chopped almonds. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add mushrooms to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.