I feel lucky, because I’m a rare one here – I very rarely get constipated. I say rare because I know that so many people suffer from constipation these days. I go every day, no hassle.
However – not long after I got off the plane in Italy, I realized I hadn’t gone in two days. Not fun! So here’s what I recommend:
- 500-800mg magnesium citrate – it really works!
- 2 liters of water, every day, no matter what. Add a tablespoon of chia seeds for extra fibre.
- Psyllium husk caps
- Yoga stretches
- Avoid white carbs – think white bread and pasta
- Eat lots of vegetables and fruits – I find green apples are a great choice for me
- Drink chamomile tea. Lots and lots of chamomile tea.
With these tips it didn’t take long for things to get moving again!