You know I am obsessed with travel. But I am even more obsessed with healthy travel. I just love leaving a holiday feeling refreshed and ready for my life back at home – that is what a holiday is meant to be in my opinion. I used to go on holiday to party and have fun – that involved a lot of alcohol and indulging in foods that weren’t good for me (moderation didn’t exist for me back then). I used to leave my holidays feeling exhausted and depleted. I used to leave my holidays feeling so bad about myself. So – what’s the point of that?
Now I choose destinations that cater to my healthy needs and allow me to feel totally rejuvenated when I return.
Here are my faves:
- COMO Shambahla Estate in Ubud, Bali – read all about my time there here!
- The Conrad, Koh Samui
- Le Meridien, Phuket
- SALA, Phuket
- The Datai Langkawi, Malaysia
- Gaia, Byron Bay – I adored visiting this place
- The Viceroy, Bali – read more here.
- Aro Ha, New Zealand – amazing health retreat, you can find the full post here!
- Six Senses Krabi, Thailand
- The Atlantic, Byron Bay – Byron Bay is such a wonderful place to visit and relax. Beautiful beaches, yoga studios and amazing healthy cafes (link to my Byron post) If you live in Australia – you must put this spot on your bucket list.
- Tulum, Mexico – I stayed at Be Tulum, simply beautiful. All the hotels are gorgeous, read more here.
- Isla Mujeres In Mexico
- Kamalaya in Koh Samui – unbelievable health retreat on the beach which I wrote about here.
What are your favourite places to visit over Summer? I’d love to know!