Noosa, the beautiful resort area located on Australia’s Sunshine Coast, has stolen a little bit of my heart and quickly become Dean and I’s go-to destination for a relaxing getaway. We headed there over the break just gone and had the most incredible time, from nature walks and delicious food, to shopping and relaxing, Noosa really does have it all. Reminiscing on the joys of our holiday, I felt inspired to share my favourite things to enjoy and places to eat.
Where we stay: On The Beach Noosa Resort – as the name suggests, it is quite literally on the beach… and it is absolutely heavenly!
Where we love to eat:
- Ricky’s on the river – for a treat meal. Just delicious food with a view. Take the ferry there!
- Il Capitano – for sourdough pizzas. The truffle mushroom is my fave!
- Locale – incredible Modern Australian food and ambiance.
- Massimo’s – if you know, you know! It’s become a Noosa institution. The best homemade gelato ever since 1995. Get the pistachio flavour!
- Blended – for their smoothies and banana peanut butter nice-cream.
- Sails – go-to for morning coffee and muffins.
- Sum Yung Guys – divine asian fusion food with a bang!
- Aroma’s – for wine and green olives pre-dinner.
- Olakino – for the best acai bowls!
- Raw + Rice – freshest poke bowls, so yum.
What we enjoy doing:
- Morning beach walk and swim in the ocean.
- For a longer walk, head to Hells Gate through the stunning Noosa National Park along the ocean – just gorgeous!
- Shop on Hastings St in the afternoon – lots of lovely stores and boutiques.
- Hire a boat on the Noosa River and go fishing!
- Enjoy a massage in the hotel room (go on, we all deserve it).