I have just returned from the most magical trip to Bali with our JSHealth team to bond, celebrate the last couple of months and brainstorm the future vision of the brand. The people, the food, the culture and health scene are truly impressive. The Balinese people are some of the kindest people I’ve ever met.
We’ve put together a detailed Bali guide covering all our favourite spots:
Where to stay
We stayed at the most beautiful villa, Villa Ipanema (https://www.ipanemavilla.com) in the heart of Canggu and a 1-minute walk from the beach. We really could not fault one thing. Best staff, bedrooms, sitting area and pool. Highly recommend! We had yoga at the villa each morning, in-house massages and an amazing healthy cooking class with the team. Each morning we were treated to the most beautiful breakfast with a choice of eggs, pancakes or a smoothie bowl. We also tried the most amazing fruit! Sweet passionfruit and Mangosteens (native to Island Southeast Asia) were so delicious.
Where to eat
Where do we even start! If you’re heading to Bali, you have to check out some of these beautiful places. We really had the most amazing balance of healthy fresh foods, decadent desserts and rosé. This is what a holiday is all about for me.
- This was hands down our number one dinner of the trip. It was truly a unique fine-dining experience.
- Let’s start with what to order: The Kale Chip, Chilled chicken curry, Crispy eggplant with yellow curry and coconut yoghurt, the coal roasted cauliflower with truffle and last but not least the Potato gnocchi with gorgonzola cream, porcini and sage butter. Your tastebuds will be blown away!
- Awesome boho vibes! We went for dinner and ordered the Kale Salad, Hummus Five Ways, the Pan Fried Salmon and other delicious mains.
- In the heart of Seminyak, similar to the Australian café culture. This is a must if you’re a foodie for the best acai bowl and avocado toast, yum yum!!
- Come here for delicious Market fish and sides! Go for the miso eggplant, cos lettuce salad and grilled Chinese broccoli. You’re making a good choice with any of the fish available. The cod and barramundi were out of this world!
- Smoothie bowl heaven and 100% Plant-Based. We loved the Berry Tropical and let’s not forget the gourmet toasts! I had the cashew butter and banana toast! So delicious.
Suggestions for Healthy Cafes
- Café Organic
- Peloton Supershop
- The Shady Shack
- Betelnut Café
- Nalu Bowls
- Deus Café
- Cinta Café
- Warung Bu Mi
- Hungry Bird
- Palm Springs vibe, delicious food and drinks and the best staff! We were treated to the most delicious meal of chargrilled broccoli with roasted almond and pecorino, organic baby vegetables with a smoked eggplant dip, guacamole and wood fired bread, yellowfin tuna carpaccio and the roasted half chicken with garlic and caramelised lemon. Let’s not forget dessert! The caramelised banana split with chocolate ice cream and peanut praline was the winner in our eyes.
- Come here for drinks, share plates, relax and just a great time. If you like cocktails, we really enjoyed the Calamansi Sun and the Spiced infused punch. We also ordered marinated olives and edamame to munch on.
- Drinks and tapas on the beach under the most brightly coloured umbrellas. This was so relaxing! We shared rose, olives, calamari and bread with hummus.
Finns Beach Club
- We were treated to the most beautiful sunset! This was the most spacious beach club with awesome DJ’s. We enjoyed rose and the most delicious chickpea polenta chips as a snack.
Clearly Bali is a must go to destination!! Enjoy!!!